Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One year older but any wiser?

 
It's been a busy 2 weeks.  It was my birthday so I've been in a reflective mood.  Next year I will be 50.  I genuinely don't feel my age in my head but my body says otherwise!! That's why I work so hard at staying as fit and healthy as I can.  The Teenager always tells me I act like I'm in 30s so I'm doing something right!!
 
I'm now on holiday for 2 weeks.  It's been a long term at school.  All staff are simply exhausted.  We now know when our return visit from HMI will be so we're gearing up for that.  Our Headteacher instructed us to have a proper holiday then return fully refreshed.  In reality most us will be doing some work stuff over the holiday and I'm actually going into school one day next week just to tidy up and put new frieze paper on the walls.
 
Because I have so little free time during the week and even at weekends, I've decided not to renew my allotment lease :-(  It was not cleared last summer as promised by the council and I just don't have the time to clear it myself at the moment.  It wasn't worked for several years before I got it last year so is thick with weeds and overgrown rasps.  It's just too much work for one person.  I'm sad about it but it's the sensible thing to do.  Maybe I am a bit wiser!
 
So I'm concentrating on my raised beds at the front and am creating a 3m x 3m veg patch at the back.  I'm also finally getting my chickens!!  That makes me very happy :-)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar